At Dyfed Superfast we would like to make sure you all stay safe online and avoid any scams. Below is a list of our top tips.
Avoid online scams – 5 things not to do.
- Never give credit/debit card or bank details.
- Do not allow remote control of your device if you are at all unsure it’s a “Genuine” call.
- Do not click on links in any email or online communication if you are not sure its a “Genuine” communication (Always check the sender address and ensure its valid)
- Never give out any password or account details in full or send via any email or online communication method.
- Click on popups or other such devices offering free upgrades or free software.
5 Things to keep you safe online.
- Keep your software up to date on all your devices. (Windows Update, Apple updates and Android.)
- Make sure you have a valid licence Anti Virus software installed.
- Run a Malware scanner on a realtime, daily or weekly schedule.
- If you have a firewall installed, make sure its “ON” and updated.
- Backup all your data at once a month to a removable hard drive or take advantage of Cloud solutions to keep your data safe and accessible at all times. Apple and Android devices all have options for Cloud Backup.
DyfedIT offer a range of Security and Backup products and services to meet all individual and business needs. If we can help in any way please email us @ email@example.com and we can advise on what solution is best for you.
“If the caller claims to be from “DyfedIt or DyfedSuperfast” and you are in any doubt its us, please call our office 01239 545033 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org for validation that it is a genuine call.