If you have your broadband set up with Dyfed Superfast you may have done some speed tests by now, please be aware your speeds may vary depending on a number of things such as;
- Your computer (older computers tend to be slower)
- When you use your connection – peak times are evenings (6-10 pm) and weekends
- The way you connect your computer to your Hub (a wired connection is faster)
- ensure all cables and routers are connected properly
- How we manage the network
- The make and model of your phone/tablet
- Data-heavy programs – Shut down any software that frequently accesses the internet during the test (e.g. web radio, RSS feeds or TV on-demand services).
- Concurrent users – Turn off other devices using your wireless or fixed line network during the test. Multiple connections to a single router can adversely affect broadband speeds.
- Downloads – Make sure you are not downloading anything on your computer. This can adversely affect average speeds during the test
For the most accurate results, use a cable to connect your computer to your router. If you need to test wirelessly, position yourself as close to your router as possible. Make sure that nothing else is using your internet connection, or running on your computer, while performing the test.